Somatic Breathwork with Dhruva on June 25th, 2023
The goal of somatic breathwork is to help individuals release stored emotions and traumas that may be held in the body, often in the form of muscle tension or blocked energy. By engaging in conscious breathing and physical movement, individuals can release these emotions and experience a greater sense of well-being and inner peace.
What is a Somatic Breath Work for?
-To release trauma & stress with the power of Breath
What To Expect:
– Somatic Breathwork acts as a nervous system reset. It is a lying down, eyes-closed journey
– Introductory explanation of the nervous system & “stress”
– Using a rhythmic circular breath technique, combined with evocative sounds and neuro-linguistic prompts, we open to ‘core’ material, & express held pressure in the body
– The gathering lasts 2 hours
This may be for you if you:
– have built up stress in your body, and mind.
– want to let go of held, difficult emotions
– want to feel more space inside of yourself
– desire greater mental clarity
Time: 11:30 AM – 1:30 AM
Place: Shakti Shala
Duration: 2 hours
Price: Q250 or $32 for drop-in / Q200 or $26 for members
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
Antigua is a small city surrounded by volcanoes in southern Guatemala. The city’s cobbled 9×9 block streets are slow paced, easy-to-navigate with cafes, farm-to-table restaurants, artisan markets, and historical sites located throughout. It’s renowned for its colorful Spanish colonial buildings, this beautiful and magical city has almost five hundred years of history, with a privileged all-year-long climate. If you visit Guatemala during February and March for our training, you can expect warm, dry days, with little to no rainfall. Temperatures average in the high 70s during this time.
Shakti Shala was born out of a desire to create a home for yoga in Antigua, Guatemala, where people from near and far could explore and expand in their yoga practice. Our studio is rooted in the Ashtanga lineage, which is reflected in our Mysore program, Ashtanga, Rocket & vinyasa classes, but we also offer gentle classes such as mellow and candlelit vinyasa. Join our community, come discover this beautiful town, and practice with us.